Consult with a top rated Los Angeles DUI Attorney
If you’re facing DUI charges anywhere in Los Angeles, you can’t afford to wait to take action. You can be facing serious punishment, including long term penalties many you may not know about. You need a Los Angeles DUI Attorney that can hep you.
Los Angeles DUI Penalties
In most first-offense DUI cases, the maximum criminal penalty is:
• Up to six months in jail
• Mandatory alcohol education
• Over $5,000 in fines, fees, and costs
A driver convicted of DUI in California can expect at least:
• Three years of probation
• Mandatory alcohol education
• Fines of $390
In some cases, the prosecution will argue for even harsher punishment, which a Los Angeles DUI Attorney can argue against.Some of the circumstances under which a DUI conviction may lead to more serious consequences include:
• When the driver has a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .16% or greater
• When there is a minor child or children in the car
• When the drunk driving incident involved an accident
• When the driver is alleged to have been speeding while under the influence
• When the driver has one or more prior convictions
Driver’s License Suspension
The penalties listed above are criminal penalties, imposed by a judge when your case goes to court. At the same time that the criminal case is moving forward, a separate case is also underway: an administrative proceeding to suspend your driver’s license.
Your opportunity to fight for your driver’s license is very limited.
You only have 10 days to request a driving hearing!
With so much at stake, it’s important that you act quickly to protect yourself. You don’t have to sort out the two cases against you and also decide the best way to defend yourself alone. As a top Los Angeles DUI Attorney, Robert Miller is here to help.
You Owe it to Yourself to Work with the Best Los Angeles DUI Attorney
The outcome of your DUI case is not set in stone. Of course, there’s a significant difference between probation and a jail sentence. But, an experienced DUI lawyer can do much more than negotiate or argue for a favorable sentence. In many cases, it may be possible to:
• Exclude evidence critical to the prosecution’s case
• Have the case dismissed
• Win an acquittal at trial
• Negotiate for a plea to a lesser offense with less serious penalties
Los Angeles DUI Attorney Robert Miller has successfully handled thousands of drunk driving cases and puts his full knowledge and experience to work for every client.
Miller’s qualifications as a Los Angeles DUI Attorney include:
• More than two decades of DUI defense experience
• A history of success, including dismissals, trial wins, and favorable plea agreements
• Authorship of books on DUI defense
• Education in the science of BAC testing and field sobriety tests
Past DUI Clients Say…
Reviews for Los Angeles DUI Lawyer Robert Miller
“Strongly recommend Attorney Robert Miller for legal services. Robert is passionate about the law and representing his clients. He is approachable extremely knowledgeable and has a track record that is hard to beat.” – Brett, from Yelp
“During two meetings with Robert and several telephone conversations we were able to craft a defense strategy. In several court appearances, Robert was able to convince the district attorney of our defense. Ultimately the case was dismissed. Robert gets a five-star rating from me. He is professional and easy to reach by either phone or email or even text message. His fees are fair and very competitive.” – Renee, from Yelp.
Don’t take chances with your future. Give yourself the same advantage these former DUI clients did.
DUI Defense Strategies
Every DUI case is different. To determine the best defense for you, we will:
• Investigate the accuracy of BAC testing equipment
• Check tester qualifications and testing conditions
• Assess the procedures used in field sobriety testing
• Review the stop and arrest for legal flaws
• Scrutinize police video for violations of your rights or errors
• Investigate every aspect of the case and pursue all available challenges
Los Angeles DUI prosecutors are aggressive in pushing for conviction and harsh consequences. Our firm is equally aggressive in defending our clients’ rights and fighting for the best outcome possible.
About Los Angeles DUI Attorney Robert Miller
Attorney Robert Miller has a 10.0 Avvo rating, and has been designated a “Client’s Choice DUI Attorney.”
He was named a Top DUI Lawyer on Yelp, receiving the “Clients Love Us” award.
In addition to his law degree and 20+ years of experience, Mr. Miller is:
• A graduate of the DUI Trial Skills College at Harvard Law School
• Certified in Field Sobriety Testing
• Educated in the science of blood and breath testing
He is a member of many professional organizations, including the National College of DUI Defense, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association, and the California DUI Lawyers Association.
Contact an Experienced Los Angeles DUI Attorney Right Now
Time is not on your side. You have just 10 days after your arrest to request a hearing to save your driver’s license. And, investigating and preparing your case takes time. The sooner you connect with the right DUI attorney, the better opportunity that lawyer will have to fully investigate your case and build the strongest defense possible.